All my life I have loved desserts in all their presentations. One of my favorite desserts is the flan, its texture, its flavor reminds me of my country (Colombia) and brings many childhood memories.
This month is very special to me because the Hispanic heritage is celebrated. My husband loves cooking, and I love to prepare dishes next to him and learn his tips and tricks with cooking, so to celebrate this special month for us we have decided to make this yummy recipe we learned from my mother-in-law. We wanted to add a special and different touch, so we have decided to add Real California Milk Crema Salvadoreña to the mixture to make it even thicker and richer and to cover the flan once made as the finishing touch… sounds delicious right???! We loved the final result, so we decided to share it with you!
Here is the special recipe!😋
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
• 1 can evaporated milk.
• 4 eggs
• Real California Milk Crema Salvadoreña
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place sugar in an even layer in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until edges start to brown, about 1 minute. Continue cooking, until caramel is an even golden brown.
2. Pour caramel into a 9-inch flan mold or baking pan.
3. Place sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, Real California Milk Crema Salvadoreña, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend until smooth.
4. Pour condensed milk mixture on top. Place mold in a pot of boiling water.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Bake flan in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
7. Chill flan in the refrigerator until firm, Invert onto a serving plate so that caramel is on top.
8. Cover your flan with Crema Salvadoreña for decoration!
I hope you love this “Flan con Crema Salvadoreña” as much as we did!!